Friday, March 20, 2020

Off campus education and day 5 of corona measures.


Some days ago we received the news that TU Delft (TUD) appears 2nd worldwide in the QS top university rankings 2020 for the area of civil and structural engineering.

https://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/university-subject-rankings/2020/engineering-civil-structural

I haven't really checked thoroughly the methodology used to build the ranking and I believe that many aspects are difficult to measure. In spite of this, the results made all of us at the faculty of civil engineering very happy and proud. I also would like to think that part of this result comes from our efforts in education.

These are challenging times for the education part of our work at TUD (for the research too but tody's post is dedicated to education). As I mentioned in previous posts it is very likely that my Q4  (4th quarter in TUD from end of April to end of June) postgraduate course on probabilistic design  will have to be taught off campus. What made my day today is to find out that my course is relatively well prepared for this eventuality. About 80% of the current content of the course was recorded in the school year 2016-2017 by the Collegerama team (a team that records and hosts lectures so that they are available for TUD students, staff and visitors). What also made my day was to witness the incredible effort that all colleagues are making for keeping education up to standard.



I find this to be a nice boost of energy to keep me on going in these challenging times. I hope you all are also finding  your own sources of motivation. Stay healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Infraestructura hidráulica prehispánica en México

Infraestructura hidráulica prehispánica en México México-Tenochtitlán era al momento de la llegada al centro de México de Cortés y sus...